So here is the Queen Bee outfit and it’s lovely model Lianne Gibson. The stylist Laura created a fantastic beehive hair style including antennae made of hair and used my honeybee as a main accessory. I also revamped a very basic crown that we bought online, with a soft silk and organza padded ‘cushion’ that I decorated with beads.

queen bee 3 queen bee 2 queen bee outfit

Here are the photos shortly before Lianne walked down the catwalk and I should hopefully have some more photos later 

No sewing till next week for me, I sliced a chunk out of the ring finger on my sewing hand, unloading tea spoons from the dishwasher of all things. First World problems I know.

Must have caught it on the plastic cutlery holder. Either way, it’s incredibly sore and causing all sorts of issues.


Queen Bee

I was asked to make a couple of elements to be incorporated into a hair style for a fashion show at the hairdressing college. The theme is based around a Queen Bee. So we decided that there would be a crown and one of my bees but this time a honey bee.

I didn’t make the crown but if I ever need one again, I will. I only paid £7 for it so I shouldn’t have expected too much.

Here are a few photos of the bee – the fashion show is later today and I’ll have more photos after that.

A Superior Wasp

This one ranks up there with my dung beetle. I love it. I love it so much that I’m keeping it. It now sits next to my laptop on my desk where I do all my creating.

I’ve started incorporating fabric paint to the legs to give them a bit more detail and depth. I hope you like him as much as I do.

Humble Bumble

My first attempt at a bumble bee. Large and fat, with an almost fluffy bum – I like him a lot although I am thinking of redoing the wings. I’m unsure about the sunflower as well but like I said, I’m still learning.


I know that on my facebook page, this is one of the most popular bugs. I’ve lots of great feedback from some lovely people who think it’s lovely. And it is. But when I look at it now, I can see so many mistakes, the wings are again, tatty and it just doesn’t look right. However, the colours are beautiful and I even stunned myself with the lily pad which only took me 40 minutes. Imagine what I could have done if I’d really worked at it.